Here's what's involved
Selecting new windows is just part of ensuring a successful replacement project. Even the best products are only as good as their installation.
Watch the video to learn how Pella's engineering experts have designed tried-and-true installation methods to maximize performance.
Here are some important things to think about regarding window installation.
Who do you trust to do the job right?
In most areas of the country, there are a variety of ways to find an installer.
- Purchase replacement windows and doors from your local Pella Window and Door Showroom and Pella professionals will install them for you.
- Choose a contractor or remodeler who specializes in window and door replacement
- Contact a contractor who's done work for you in the past
- Ask friends, family members and co-workers for referrals
Questions to ask before hiring a contractor
- How long has your company been in business?
- Are your installers professionally trained?
- Are your installers licensed, bonded and insured?
- Are your installers EPA-certified in lead-safe installation methods? Learn more.
- What happens if I have a problem with my windows after installation?
Your Pella Window and Door Showroom ― expertise and experience
you can trust.
Pella's been replacing windows and doors for more than 85 years.
Your window and door replacement project will be completed by your local Pella installation experts.
We have experience installing windows and doors into the architectural styles of homes in your area. Find a Pella Window and Door Showroom near you.
Pella Certified Contractors
These professionals have been selected for their skill and professionalism and trained by Pella to sell and install our products.
Find a Pella Certified Contractor near you.
The window and door installation process
Measuring your openings
The right fit is critical to the operational performance and energy efficiency of your windows. Measuring your openings is an exact science.
To make it easy and to ensure a precise fit, let our professionals at your local Pella Showroom do it for you.
Removing your old windows
This must be done carefully, in order to avoid damage to your home's walls.
Your old windows must be disposed of responsibly.
When you choose replacement by your local Pella Showroom, our installers will haul away your old windows for free.
Ensuring a weathertight fit
- Extra care needs to be taken to make sure your new window or door is plumb, level and square in the opening.
- It is important to install insulation between the window and your wall.
- Your window should be well sealed to the wall to prevent air and water from entering your home and causing damage.
- Our industry-leading Pella Window and Door Installation Methods are recommended to provide exceptional protection from air and water infiltration.
- It is important to check each window for proper operation.
- Windows should be finished (painted or stained) and hardware installed.
- Interior and exterior trim needs to be replaced and finished, if necessary.
- The installers from your local Pella Showroom are respectful of your home and your time. We'll keep our work area clean, vacuum when we leave, and explain the operation and care of your new Pella products.
When you choose Pella, you get the special experience of having wood, fiberglass or vinyl windows and doors designed and built for your home — just the way you want them. Plus, you'll have peace of mind knowing that they'll be installed correctly by experienced Pella professionals.
Request a Consultation